15 July 2010

Storms in the Brain

I was talking to Connie, a co-worker of mine, and mid-conversation I had a story idea. The frustrating bit was (and is) that it was only a title. I have no idea what the story would be about or where it might lead me. I think it should be somewhat humorous, but that's about all I have right now. Pretty vague.

This is the first I've mentioned the idea to anyone. I'll keep the details to myself until I have something to share. Maybe I can get something for my critique group to look at and get a little feedback early on.

So I'm sitting here brainstorming and, at the moment, there's more 'storming' than 'brain' in the mix. After eight hours of paperwork and files, I feel fried. But a shot of creative freedom might be just the thing to snap me out of it.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

LOL, I know what you mean about the storm without the brain! There is a phrase that popped into mind the other day that can inspire an ENTIRE book.

Don't you just love when stuff like that happens???

:)

Elizabeth Schow said...

Cool, I do love it when that happens. It happened when I was working on a display at work today too - just looking at a picture I was trying to make into a sign. So cool and fun. I'm interested to hear this idea you've come up with now. Can't wait to talk to you again.

Berry said...

Ha Ha. I love it - more "storming" than "brain"!!! I love getting new ideas! You'll have to share with me (if you want!) We need to get back to writing!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones