13 February 2012

2012 Debut Author Challenge

It's time to consider signing up for the Debut Author Challenge for 2012.  I participated last year, but didn't complete all the reading or the reviews within the year.

Still, it was a great reading experience for those I did read and I found some great new authors along the way.  I signed up last year as a way to get myself to read more YA and at least I succeeded in that.  However, adult fiction does have a way of pulling my interested more.  I want to continue to work on getting more YA into my reading diet, but I'm not sure I'll make the 12 this year either. I'll be working on it and working harder at getting the reviews written and posted too.

I plan on starting with Fracture by Megan Miranda and Bunheads by Sophie Flack.

If you'd like to participate this year, the rules and guidelines are posted at the the Story Siren blog.  Basically you read 12 middle grade or YA books by debut authors before the end of January 2013 and post a review on each of them.

It's a great way to see what's out there and to introduce yourself to new talent.  You have until the end of May to sign-up. Let me know if you plan on participating too.


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones