Would you like to attend a writing conference for children's or young adult literature?
Here's a chance to have a little financial assistance with your goal.
The Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Conference organizers will select one writer to help with conference expenses again this year. That's $1000 of assistance.
You'll need to:
- Be registered (full day) for the conference before submitting your application
- Document your financial need
- Show off your work (20 pages of a chapter book or novel manuscript or two picture book manuscripts)
- Get letters of recommendation
- Detail how you are devoted to your craft
For complete details see the WIFYR Blog.
You can't submit anything until the 20th of March and the deadline is the 20th of April - so not a lot of time polish and prepare if you've got a busy schedule, as most of us do.
This is a great opportunity. Not only is the conference really amazing (especially the morning workshops), but if you are awarded the fellowship it will cover the cost of your conference registration and (if you need to stay in a hotel for the week of the conference) it would cover most, if not all, of the cost of a hotel. (The conference will be held in Sandy, Utah.)
So if you think this fellowship is right for you, I wish you lots of luck!