26 January 2011

2011 Writing Conference

I've just registered for a writing conference this year, here's their advertising write-up and video:

The best Children's Book Writing Conference will be in Sandy, Utah June 13-17 2011. Five days a week. Four hours every morning are devoted to your chosen workshop in YA Novel, Picture Book, Middle Grade, Chapter Book, Fantasy and Illustration. Only 13 students allowed in each workshop with one instructor + assistant. Two sections have already filled. Reserve your spot now.
http://www.wifyr.com



It is a very good conference. This will be my third year attending this particular conference and I've enjoyed each one. My favorite part is the critiquing workshops; you can just sign-up for the afternoon sessions for less money, but if you're going to go, it really is worth the extra cash for the morning sessions.

I've signed-up for Martine Leavitt's class and I'm excited to see how that goes. For the past two years I've been in Alane Ferguson's class and the year before that I was registered with Sally Warner.

As they said in their write-up, two classes are already full, but there are several others. Claudia Mills is doing the middle-grade novel workshop this year and I'd love to take a class from her. Too bad I'm not writing for middle-grade. But if you are--this might just be the year to try it out!

Are you planning on any writing conferences this year?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Oooh! Fun! I might go to the LDStorymakers Conference in May. I'm not sure. I guess that would depend if I get the part at my auditions or not. Cross your fingers!!!

But either way, I have a great thing waiting for me, right??? ;)

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

Elizabeth Schow said...

Not that I don't want you to go to the conference, but I'm really hoping you land the part. That would be so awesome!

Good luck either way. You're right whichever you end up doing, you'll have a great time and get a lot out of it.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones